Gravity and magnetics from fatiando.gravmag
The page is API content about gravity and magnetics forward modeling, inversion, transformations and utilities from Gravity and magnetics (fatiando.gravmag) — Fatiando 0.5.
It should be noted that
fatiando is performed on
Harmonica is the part of
fatiando.gravmag as fatiando/harmonica: Forward modeling, inversion, and processing gravity and magnetic data:
The forward modeling modules provide ways to calculate the gravitational and magnetic field of various types of geometric objects:
- prism: 3D right rectangular prisms
- polyprism: 3D prisms with polygonal horizontal cross-sections
- sphere: Spheres in Cartesian coordinates
- tesseroid: Tesseroids (spherical prisms) for modeling in spherical coordinates
- talwani: 2D bodies with polygonal vertical cross-sections
The inversion modules use the forward modeling models and the fatiando.inversion package to solve potential field inverse problems:
- basin2d: 2D inversion of the shape of sedimentary basins and other outcropping bodies
- harvester: 3D inversion of compact bodies by planting anomalous densities
- euler: 3D Euler deconvolution methods to estimate source location
- magdir: Inversion methods to estimate the total magnetization vector of multiple sources.
The processing modules offer tools to prepare potential field data before or after modeling.
- normal_gravity: Compute normal gravity and reductions.
- eqlayer: Equivalent layer processing
- transform: Potential field transformations, like upward continuation, derivatives, etc
- imaging: Imaging methods for potential fields for estimating physical property distributions
- tensor: Utilities for operating on the gradient tensor
Module interactive implements matplotlib GUIs and IPython HTML widgets for interacting with the modeling and processing functions.